Format for Pro Division Racing
The 2015 Pinewood Derby National Championships will be held on a state of the art 4 lane 42′ Best Track with a custom roller bearing start system and a custom built stop section to protect your cars from any damage.
Each car will get 4 runs, one run in each lane. After the preliminary 4 runs the top 20% builders or 6 builders will move to a championship round to determine a winner. The number of cars taken will depend on how many spots down we must go until the top 20% of the builders are represented or 6 builders - what ever is greater. It is possible for a builder to have multiple cars advance.
The finals will consist of 4 more runs. The fastest average of those 4 runs will determine the winner. Each builder can only claim one spot in the final standings so the best performing car for each builder will be the only one that qualifies for final placement.
1st through 6th place will be awarded in Each Class - 1 trophy per class per builder
Best of Show Trophy - voted on by VIP Mid America Derby Panel of Judges
Awards will be announced throughout the Day in the Awards Auditorium
**There will likely be some special Awards above and beyond - stay tuned**
Schedule of the Event
- Pro Only Check-in begins at Noon - April 24th .
- Open Track 3pm - 4:30pm - April 24th
- Pro Racing Begins at 5pm - April 24th
- National Championship Classes run and in order of (we will race until approx 10pm)
- Street Rod
- Event will be catered with food and refreshments on April 24th
- Pinewood Derby National Championships will be run simultaneously with Mid America Pinewood Corporate Derby Event - Mid America Pinewood Big Rig Event along with Gathering of Eagles.
Additional Check in 8:30am - 9:45am
Pro Racing Begins at 10:30am - April 25th
National Championship Classes run and in order of
Concessions and refreshments will be able to be purchased at event
Pinewood Derby National Championships will be run simultaneously with Mid America Pinewood Derby - LOTS of Fun things going on -- it will be an Epic Pinewood Derby Day
* Pre-race Registration Highly Encouraged !!! - Register Here - Link
* Cost is $10 if Pre-Registered
* Cost is $15 if Race Day Registered
Shipping Address for Proxy Car Entries:
Mid America Pinewood Derby
Attn: Greg Dawes
4924 North 103rd Street
Omaha, NE 68134
Cars must be received at the above address on or before Wednesday April 22nd 2014 Any cars received after this date will not be received in time to race. Plan accordingly…